Monday, August 23, 2010

a birthday, some cupcakes, and sparklers ... oh my!

Fun birthday celebrations this weekend for a dear friend!  The party had a coffee theme, yum!  I contributed mocha coffee cupcakes that I made from this great recipe from Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski (found via the how to eat a cupcake blog). 

They were topped with this simple creamcheese icing (I substituted coffee for the vanilla).  These cupcakes are so moist and the chocolate-coffee combo is blissful!  These will definitely be made again in the near future.  Next time I would try a different icing as the creamcheese somewhat overpowered the coffee.

cupcakes cooling before frosting.

I couldn't resist modeling the cupcakes with my birdie salt & pepper shakers (from Urban Outfitters last December).  I love them so much!

Happy Birthday!

We enjoyed some more fireworks and a near-full moon...

...and played with sparklers too!

2 comments:

  1. aww the cupcakes look so cute with the shakers!

    thanks for stopping by my blog. the hat is a cloche! it's from an awesome book called boutique knits.
    http://www.amazon.ca/Boutique-Knits-Laura-Irwin/dp/1596680733
    so many great patterns!
    elycia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I know what book you're talking about! Lovely patterns. I've been eyeing them on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete